The Toys for Tots Championships will be held Saturday October 16th at Riverside State Park in the CCC Group area.
There will be:
Cut & Thrust Championship
Arts and Sciences Championship
Entrants will need to bring a new, unwrapped toy for an entry fee for each event that will be donated to the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program.
Join us for Their Excellencies first court!
Other classes/activities will be added by the event steward.
No feast will be provided so attendees are encouraged to bring their own picnic meal. You may use propane/butane type stoves to cook for your party, and we will update if charcoal is allowed by then.
There will be NO waterbearing services! Fighters please bring your own water and snacks.
No merchants activities are allowed at this event.
All current at time of event local/WA state mask mandates will be adhered to. Currently no masks are required outdoors. Hand sanitizer and masks will be available onsite.
Things to know:
1. The site is in a WA State Park. Everyone must have a Discover Pass. This pass covers one vehicle and everyone in the vehicle. If you do not already have one, they are available at the check -in booth, or there is a Kiosk in day parking that accepts Visa/MC. The pass is $10.00 for one day or $30.00 for a year (the best deal!) and the passes are good at ANY WA State park! The money from these passes supports our beautiful State Parks. You may also purchase one online at https://store.discoverpass.wa.gov/ (online add transaction/dealer fees, $5 for the annual Discover Pass and $1.50 for the one-day pass.)
You may also be able to get a pass from your local library: https://www.scld.org/2021-discover-passes
A. Disability placards or license plates. The Department of Licensing issues Washington state disability permits and license plates, and holders of these are exempt from needing the Discover Pass on State Parks lands.
B. State Parks pass (disabled veterans, people with disabilities, and qualified limited-income senior citizens). The Washington State Legislature created pass programs for certain visitors to Washington state parks. You must apply for these passes well in advance on the State Parks website as they are mailed to you.
2. The short trail down to our area is not wheelchair friendly. If you are in a wheelchair please contact the event steward so we can arrange a shuttle ride down to the site. Times for this will be limited so advance notice is required.
3. The Spokane River runs next to this area. Mind your smalls.
4. The water may/may not be on at that point - depends on freeze concerns. Bring your own water just in case.
5. The site is very discreetly wet. Keep it out of sight and in Period containers.
6. Please pack out your trash. There is limited capacity on-site. Please use recycle bins.
7. Our parking area will be well marked, but if it fills up please use the regular day-use parking area just to the north of site.
8. Day shades are encouraged, just be aware the ground is hardpack so driving stakes may be fun times.
9. Pets are welcome. They must be on a leash at all times and you must pick up after them.
10. No open fires in this area of the park. Propane firepits are allowed.
For further information please contact the Event Steward, HL Avacyn Geriksdocther
Facebook Event Page
This is a day event.
There is no site fee.
Riverside State Park CCC Kitchen Group Area
4427 N Aubrey L White Pkwy, Spokane, WA 99205
Site opens 9:00 AM - Closes 6:00 PM
"Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary."