Baron & Baroness
As a Barony, Wealdsmere is connected to the Crown of An Tir through the Baron and/or Baronness. This couple (or individual) serves as the representative of the Crown to the populace, and the representative of the populace to the Crown.
In their ceremonial role as head of Wealdsmere the Baron and Baroness are entitled to hold courts and to establish and present Baronial awards, as they see fit, in order to recognize the contributions of individuals and groups within the Barony.
Responsible also for the overall management and health of the group, they will carry the concerns of the populace to the Crown for consideration and resolution as well as bring the wishes and commands of the Crown back to the group.
The Baroness will organize and maintain the Sergeantry, who are sworn to her, so that chivalry and the gentler arts may always be encouraged in the ranks of martial combatants.
His Excellency Sir Osrik Rolfson
Her Excellency Sigrún Osrikswife
2012 - 2017
His Excellency Sir Hanefr Lars Gunnarrson
Her Excellency Kara Bjornsdottir
His Excellency Sir Caieth of Umber
Her Excellency Araviere Isobelle Magdaleine de St. Etienne
2004 – 2007
His Excellency Fergus Sturrock, Squire to Duke Gunnar Brunwolf
Her Excellency Renata von Silverhart
1998 – 2004
His Excellency Sir Brandt Sturrock
Her Excellency Kelta Bri’leith
1995 – 1998
Sir Balthazar the Quiet
Mistress Olivia Visconti
We would request from our talented populace, items which can be given in gratitude and appreciation to people giving exemplary service or to other visiting Nobles so that the skills and talents of our region spread beyond our borders.
Should you be willing to donate, please label the largesse with the artisan’s name.
Ideas for Largess:
- Small handmade toys for children
- Period games
- Handbound books
- Wood worked items (buckets, boxes, lanterns, tables, benches, combs, bowls)
- Small sewing items
- Metal Worked Items (Torches, cooking tools, knives, hooks, tent stakes, portable holes)
- Glass Items (cups, lampworked beads)
- Spindles/Card weaving kits
- Bags or pouches (leather, linen or wool material)
- Handwoven trim or cord
- Knit or nalbinding items (mittens, socks, hats)
- Fabric yardage (1 yard plus in wool, silk, hemp, or linen only)
- Handmade soaps (no strong scents)
- Strings of beads natural material (pearls, amber, jade, jasper, horn etc. Natural materials only.)
- Period Jewelry (belt buckles, cloak pins, brooches, hair pins etc)
- Sewing kits
- Skeins of hand spun wool, silk or linen
- Bone or antler items
Things to avoid :
- Perfumes or oils
- Food items
- Small children or animals